Well, choosing a reliable cooking appliance or device is an important decision because this directly impacts the functionality of your kitchen space. Well, we’ve been applying gas cooktops and ovens for cooking and baking purposes in our homes for several decades, and there were not many available options. But, with the introduction of electromagnetic induction technology in cooking ranges, electric ovens and stoves became increasingly common and are easily available nowadays.
So, if you’re also planning to purchase a cooktop for your kitchen but couldn’t decide whether you should choose an electric or gas stove, this piece could help you make your decision. Here we’re going to talk about the main pros and cons of gas and electric stoves and compare the prices of these types of cooking equipment as well.
Gas stoves versus electric stoves: How these appliances work
To compare gas stoves with electric stoves, we’ll first examine how each type of stove works one by one.
How a gas stove works:
A gas stove or cooktop is fueled by some particular kinds of combustible gases. In Pakistan, natural gas and liquid petroleum gas (LPG) are used for this purpose mainly. Natural gas is supplied to homes through a network of pipelines. Whereas, in some areas where there is no gas supply, LPG is collected and applied with the help of gas cylinders.
How an electric stove works:
Well, unlike gas stoves, electric stoves don’t produce flames. And, these electric stoves work with an integrated heating mechanism that is based on electrical induction in which the electricity passes through a wire inside the surface of cooktops, and this process heat things up. Induction stoves are among the most refined forms of electric cooktops and are generally come equipped with glass-ceramic surfaces.
Plus, after learning how things work in a different way in electric and gas stoves, we’ll learn about the advantages and disadvantages of using the types of this kitchen equipment in our piece.
Pros and cons of gas stoves
Below are some notable advantages and disadvantages of gas cooktops.
Pros of gas stoves for you:
- Gas stovetops permit the instant control of heat and temperature. You could rapidly turn up or down the flame. You don’t need to invest any extra time to warm up or cool down a stove like in case of electric stoves.
- Gas stoves are friendly for cooking utensils. These work very well and with several kinds of cooking utensils such as pots and pans.
- Durability is one of the main pros of using gas stoves. These are equipped with metal grates that are quite durable and sturdy. That’s why these stoves don’t break or become scratched easily.
- The main difference between gas and electric stoves is the factor of prices. Well, gas stoves are usually cheaper than their electric counterparts in Pakistan.
The above points were some main benefits of having gas stoves at homes. Now, we’ll determine the disadvantages of this cooking equipment.
Cons of using gas stoves at your home:
- Hmm, turning a gas stove on could be a little risky as compared to the case of an electric stove because there’s always a chance of the leakage of gas.
- If your house is too airy, the fast-blowing wind might easily put out the flame of your gas burner.
- The gas might result in oily surfaces, and this process could lead to grease fire accidents in extremely bad cases.
Pros and cons of electric stoves
We’ll explore the main pros and cons of using electric stoves at homes. And, we’ll list some advantages and disadvantages of using electric stoves in our homes.
Pros of using electric stoves at homes:
- The mechanism of electrical induction provides heat more effectively than the gas does. Well, this is one of the most significant things for consideration when you have to choose between gas and electric stoves.
- When the matter is about consistency in cooking temperatures, electric cooking ranges attain better results than their gas counterparts. And, this is also a major difference between gas and electric stoves.
- Electric stoves appear more stylish than gas cooktops. That’s why these could be made a part of different kinds of modern kitchen designs in Pakistan easily for enhancing the look of your house.
- When you’re employing an electric stove, there will be no flame. This means that your kitchen space will remain cool.
Now, what are the disadvantages of using electric stoves in your kitchen? Let’s find out.
Cons of employing electric stoves in kitchens:
We’ll talk about some main cons of using electric stoves at your home.
- The first thing you notice when it comes to selecting an electric cooking range for your kitchen is the factor of prices. Electric stoves not only cost more than gas stoves but might also result in high electricity bills.
- Electric stoves cook food slower than gas stoves despite their high consistency in temperatures because of the absence of the flame. This is a big and noteworthy difference between gas and electric stoves.
- The glass-ceramic surface of the electric cooktops could easily be damaged or stained in your kitchen. This could spoil the appearance of your complete kitchen space easily.
Electric vs gas stoves: Price comparison
After learning about the benefits and harms of using gas and electric stoves in your kitchen space, we’ll compare the prices of both kinds of cooktops that are available in Pakistan. The price is also among the considerable things when you have to select one stove, either an electric or gas stove.
The cost of gas stoves starts from almost PKR 2,500-4,000 within Pakistan.
Electric stove price in Pakistan:
As discussed, electric induction cooktops might be a little more expensive than gas stoves. That’s why the price of electric stoves starts at almost PKR 4,000-7,000 in Pakistan.
What are the best brands that are sellers of effective gas stoves within Pakistan?
We reviewed a lot of brands online and, after some in-depth analysis, found the following companies as the most effective sellers of gas stoves in Pakistan:
Well, North Appliances Services Private Limited or NasGas is a household appliances company that is highly famous for home appliances and was initiated in 1952 within the country, Pakistan. Also, NasGas consists of the mixture of research, development, production, novelty, and quality assurance. And, the brand uses high-quality material and employs advanced multinational production lines that are based on high-tech equipment and highly skilled workers.
When we analysed several gas stoves of NasGas, we concluded some remarkable points. These products have multiple burners, highly durable nature, elegant design, auto-ignition feature, gas knob safety lock, effective cooking attribute, and highly efficient & cost-effective nature, etc.
|Nasgas 1588-ST Gas Stove 3-Burners Stainless Steel||₨16,500|
|Nasgas 222BK Gas Stove 3-Burners Tempered Glass||₨16,999|
|Nasgas 1688-GL Gas Stove 5-Burners Tempered Glass||₨17,999|
|Nasgas 333BK Gas Stove 3-Burner||₨18,999|
Profile is a home appliances brand of Electro City, and Electro City is a company that sells household appliances of various companies and has been doing business operations for a long period.
When we examined a lot of gas stoves of Profile, we concluded some remarkable points. These appliances have high sturdiness, multiple burners, attractive structure, auto-ignition feature, efficient cooking attribute, gas knob safety lock, and cost-effective nature, etc.
Best Cooking Appliances in Pakistan 2021
|Model||Price in Pakistan|
|Profile 09ST Gas Stove 3-Burners Stainless Steel||₨11,799|
|Profile PF-444 Gas Hob 3-Burner (Built in Gas Stove)||₨13,700|
|Profile PF-3455 Gas Hob 5-Burner Steel Built in (Gas Stove)/Chula||₨24,200|
Focus is a credible store that is offered by Electro City and sells quality stoves at reliable rates. Its appliances have high resilience, multiple burners, beautiful design, auto-ignition feature, efficient cooking attribute, cost-effective nature, and gas knob safety lock, etc.
Hmm, that’s all what we wanted to share with you regarding the comparison of electric and gas stoves in Pakistan. Well, Electro City sells quality gas stoves of famous companies and has been operating for a long period. Now, you know everything that is needed to purchase such items from famous companies. And, if you desire that your loved ones could purchase a quality gas stove as well, share our piece with them asap. Until our next update, stay connected for remaining alert regarding future notifications.